We are a small web and graphic design company with 6 office staff and 8 remote staff in the Philippines. We have been in operation since 2008.
If you are interested in applying, please read the following information thoroughly.
JOB TITLE: Web Developer / Programmer (specialising in WordPress and php)
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time (37.5 hours per week).
WORK TIME ZONE: We are in Perth (GMT +8) and our office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm. We would prefer that at least 4 hours of your day overlaps with ours. Working hours are flexible, and can be negotiated once hired.
DAILY REPORTING AND ACCOUNTABILITY: - We use Time Doctor for keeping track of times on individual jobs - We require all staff to submit a daily jobs report to update us on the status of currently open jobs in Basecamp
PROPOSED COMPENSATION: Negotiable based on experience, paid in two halves (on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month). We also honor the Filipino 13th month, and the Filipino national holidays
GENERAL REQUIREMENT - Mobile phone with credit and able to sms if brownout/ blackout is experienced. - Access to reliable internet and power.
DAILY WORK DESCRIPTION:
- Main focus will be to code WordPress themes from .psd files and text instructions
- Fix WordPress plugin conflicts, and general WordPress issues
- Modify WordPress plugins to extend their functionality
- Improve security of WordPress installations
- Provide WordPress support
- Ability to action urgent jobs immediately, while sticking to due dates on other jobs.
- Interact via Slack with Swish Design internal staff, and other Virtual Assistants
SOFTWARE USED: - Basecamp for project management of all jobs. - Last Pass account for all websites utilising requiring login details. - Jing (linked with Screencast account) for supplying screenshots and videos to explain scenarios. - Google Drive (docs and sheets) for storing and sharing of files etc. - Zoom for video calls between staff. - Slack for internal communication. - cPanel is the hosting control panel used in 99% of cases. - VPNSecureMe account (with Australian dedicated IP address).
If you are interested in applying for the job, please 3 provide the following:
- Examples of your previous work.
- Your current CV/Resume
- A screenshot of your internet connection from