We're looking for a designer - not just a developer. Someone that has created stunning visual designs. Someone who can be given a concept and some ideas and then can turn that into a website. While we are happy to have you learn new skills during company time, we need someone who already has solid WordPress website design skills.
• Very good English proficiency both written and spoken. Must be able to spell/grammar check work, although most text content will be provided.
• At least 2 years of WordPress website creation. We need to see how you turned ideas into actual designs. Looking for creativity and design flare with strong visual appeal.
• Knowledge of Divi theme/framework is a strong plus, although not required as a good designer can learn this
• CSS knowledge is a plus
• Graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite abilities such as Photoshop are a big plus. Sometimes we need to create visually stunning postcards and mailers to support websites.
• Understand and implement Responsive Design. Check all implementations of pages to be sure they work properly on small screen devices and adjust as needed.
• Comfortable with seeking Tech Support help from Hosting or Plugin/Software providers, tech forums, and other similar sources.
• Strong organizational skills - stay on task, get assignments done on time. Must be responsive to communications during pre-determined hours.
• Commitment to keep information confidential.
Must be able to work efficiently, getting tasks done both on time and using time efficiently so tasks are done quickly. Since you are working remotely, the only way we can tell if something is being efficiently is by how much time it takes to complete tasks. If you have questions about how long something should take, you can let us know.
Additional useful attributes
• MySQL/PHP knowledge is a plus - Able to make adjustments in "Text" as well as "Visual" of WordPress Pages and Posts very useful as needed.
• FTP, Cpanel - Mostly use Siteground and Godaddy hosting.
• Additional plugin/systems that are useful include WooCommerce, WPMU Membership, Yoast SEO, Security plugins
• Any SEO ability is a plus
• Knowledge of Google systems very helpful including Map API, Analytics setup, Search Console, Webmaster Tools
• Are you familiar with Slack, Freedcamp, Excel? We use these tools internally.
If interested, make sure you look at our website and know a little bit about us before talking to us. I'm looking for someone that can grow with us that can earn our trust and grow their career with us as well. Probably will be part-time (maybe half time) to begin with. Possibly will move to full-time if you and we agree. But if you prefer part-time, we can make that work as well.