Our Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and maintaining strategies with a resourceful approach to support outreach initiatives that includes media tools to engage and build online communities with local and national audiences. Our Social Media Coordinator will support the marketing department with research, data analysis, event management, online social network management, promotional activities, and interactive web events.
With excellent organization and communication skills, the successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, self- motivated, highly creative thinker with strong aptitude for multitasking multiple projects and tight deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Manage and interact with each social network on a daily basis to keep our members and Product and Service Providers engaged.
● Create profiles across all suggested social networks to build communities and drive critical mass ourmain website.
● Promote information and marketing campaigns to social media consumers by creation of web cast, podcast, blogs, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking tools.
● Maximize interaction with, and use of, all forms of social media applications, including blogs, chat rooms/discussion boards, RSS feeds, newsgroups, people finder tools and twitter.
● Lead efforts to capture new audiences, invite friends, create groups, create forums, edit and distribute new video, audio and photography footage of brand marketing activities for placement on blogs, social networking sites and search engines.
● Work with the technical team to ensure that posts are hitting the correct sites.
● Handles all social media inquires pertaining to the site and creates media opportunities to work with online public.
● Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
● Conduct phone surveys as needed.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, JOB SKILLS
● Minimum Bachelors Degree preferred in English, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations.
● Proficiency in MS Office & Imaging Software.
● Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
● Excellent organization skills mandatory.
● Excellent phone skills mandatory
● Experience with engaging public for social networks is a must.
● Planning and promoting social events/online events and community be eligible for security clearance
The hire is expected to work in a manner consistent with our Operating Principles; specifically: work and act as a team player in all interactions with other employees; provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work; develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with team members and others; and, consistently provide quality service.