We are seeking someone with proofreading and copywriting experience for top-level brands who wants to be part of the in-house US creative team. Experience writing product copy for retail brands is beneficial, as is catalog & email marketing experience. If you have a pioneer spirit, are enthusiastic, and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, then you are a great candidate.
· Create copy for a variety of brands and brand voices under the direction of the US team
· Write and edit copy (for catalogs, circulars, marketing campaigns and tag lines, event signage, email marketing, website creative, social media, advertising, content and more) that is on brief, on time, and effectively engages the target audience and conveys the brand.
· Proofreads all marketing, advertising and editorial content collateral for the brand.
· Proofreads, reviews and edits materials for accurate use of grammar and brand voice. Proofreads for spelling, sentence structure and technical accuracy, making note of in-house style guidelines.
· Makes corrections and edits to copy (grammatical, typographical, or compositional) for the life of the ad project, continuing to proof through handoff to post production team.
· Ensures all changes provided by stakeholders have been implemented and works with partners to obtain any outstanding product information.
· Verifies all advertising materials ensuring 100% accuracy to include headlines, grammar, spelling, and punctuation, while adhering to brand guidelines and legal requirements.
· Organizes all communication with regard to project objectives and elements.
· Assists in creating style guides and rules that can be applied to multiple formats across marketing channels.
· Collaborates with cross-channel partners to align with the industry/company’s best practices and guidelines.
· Incorporates feedback, comments and changes from stakeholders swiftly and with a positive, solution-driven attitude.
· Handles multiple projects at the same time.
· Write copy for our products on: Overstock, Wayfair and Zulily, also upload stock/inventory and communicate with platforms.
· 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
· Command of style, excellent grasp of English grammar, syntax, and punctuation, sharp editing skills and fluency in proofreading markup language and procedures
· Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills (including tone, structure, grammar, spelling, and factual accuracy), plus a strong understanding of brand marketing and marketing channels.
· Extensive knowledge of In Design & In Copy; proficiency in Macs; experience working in a CMS a plus: familiarity with Asana or other similar web-based project management programs a plus
· Familiarity with various project types, including catalogs, circulars, signage and packaging and web content
· Energetic and self-motivated, with the desire and ability to collaborate with other internal departments to boost messaging impact
· Organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional time management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects
· Must be equally passionate about granular proofreading and copywriting
• Significant proofreading & writing experience for brand marketing
• Experience in retail industry
• Experience in a world-class creative agency and/or a start-up environment
• Experience editing and writing about home design
TRAITS WE VALUE:
• Enthusiasm for being part of a highly productive and efficient creative team
• Drive to see projects through to the end and deal with the adversities along the way
• Collaborative mentality, ability to recognize how to get things done as a team
• Holistic thinker who can keep their eye on the big picture even when focused on details
• Open and flexible to new processes, platform changes, and emerging technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills – effective communicator
• Excellent written communication skills
• Analytical and able to process complex data and glean useful information from it
• Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it, and apply the learnings to improve
To be considered, please give yourself a rating between 1-5 stars, 5 being the highest on each subject/program.
Creating copy in different brand voices [RATE BETWEEN 1-5]
Screenwriting for videos/instructional videos [RATE BETWEEN 1-5]