PURPOSE OF JOB:
PDS is currently seeking a highly skilled and dynamic designer with print, web experience. Ideal candidate will create innovative concepts and designs that are inventive, visually appealing, effective at translating verbal messages to visual ones, and satisfy all marketing objectives.
The candidate has strong background with branding, packaging, promotions, infographics and user interfaces for web and mobile platforms. Candidate will be well versed in all things visual as well as interactive. To be considered you must be able to translate the look and feel of a brand visually and interactively, and be a multi-talented designer focused on creating sustainable and highly usable designs across multiple platforms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design branding, packaging, promotions, catalogs, websites, and keynote/powerpoint presentations.
• Ideal candidate will have strong concept and design skills with a thorough understanding of layout, type and color.
• Produce responsive websites and mobile interfaces, special projects, banners, email blasts and understand best practices.
• Translate established marketing strategies into clear, concise, appealing visuals that are consistent with a brand image
• Prioritize workload and manage multiple projects efficiently to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Be proactive about troubleshooting potential problems
• Extreme flexibility, ability to switch gears quickly and reprioritize projects on the fly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Have ability to write copy and edit when necessary.
• Attention to detail is a must
• Possess positive, can-do attitude with high level of dedication and collaborative spirit
• Designer will work in a team-oriented, fast pace environment.
• Designer will be asked to design websites on Shopify and edit HTML/CSS as needed
• Ability to design with implementation in mind, including strong knowledge of information architecture, file size & compression issues, and the fundamentals of web usability
• Knowledge of current web standards, optimization techniques and best practices including and an understanding of responsive design.
• Experience building prototypes and wire-frames
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines
• Excellent design capability with an eye for detail and execution
• An eye for clean, creative layouts and designs suitable for corporate industries
• Demonstrated trait as a self-starter and desire to change designs for the better
• Strong verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
For each of the following, please rate your
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Graphic Designer with Web Experience.
The following skills are preferred:
• Expert proficiency with Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), HTML5, Responsive Design, WordPress, CSS.
• Online Portfolio Must Be Submitted with Resume for Consideration
To be considered, please give yourself a rating between 1-5 stars, 5 being the highest on each subject/program.
Shopify: Editing existing pages, updating content [RATE BETWEEN 1-5]
Social Media: Woobox, Hootsuite, Facebook Ads, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter
[RATE BETWEEN 1-5]
Video editing/creation [Rate Between 1-5]