Net Focus Media is an e-commerce company with several successful product brands. We design and market products that help people feel better about themselves and express their individuality. We are looking to hire a full-time Administrative Assistant (VA) with a background in e-commerce to support our team and our customers. This position will be based in Cebu and you will be expected to work in our shared office (coworking) space each workday.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, process-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills. He or she will also have a pleasant, courteous demeanor and superior written communication skills including spelling and grammar. Experience with e-commerce and internet marketing is a strong plus. While not necessary, any experience with either managing Amazon seller accounts or with in working with intellectual property considerations such as trademarks, copyrights and patents is also a strong plus.
We're looking for a long-term relationship here and we believe in treating our team members like family. Additionally, we are planning to grow our presence in Cebu and so there will be opportunities for career growth and management.
- Identify, investigate and report intellectual property issues (patent violations, copyright infringement, trademark infringement) as well as follow up on these reports and escalate as necessary.
- Respond to customer support inquiries - addressing their questions and shipping replacements or issuing refunds as appropriate. Also respond to negative product reviews and treat as a customer support issue.
- Data entry: Update spreadsheets, web applications and other documents on a regular basis. Also create reporting for company CEO.
- Financial/bookkeeping support: Review expenses charged by Amazon and other marketplaces to ensure they are within the expected range. Also file for reimbursements whenever we have been overcharged.
- Internet research and outreach: Find blogs matching our criteria and initiate a conversation about potential sponsorships and partnerships (this is not sales or spam).
- Update product listings on our websites and/or marketplace channels to ensure the information is accurate and complies with brand standards.
- Closely monitoring sales by SKU and notifying US staff of any potential issues impacting product sales, particularly on the marketplaces.
- Other tasks as needed, primarily related to product listings, customer support, reporting and data entry.
Additionally, we have a number of marketing tasks as well that we plan to roll into a separate position, but we may ask for your assistance with these in the early stages in order to help better define them for our next hire.
OTHER DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Location: We want to hire someone who is based in Cebu City, and we are in the process of contracting with a co-working space in either Cebu IT Park or Cebu Business Park. You will be expected to work from this location each day. Your workspace and high-speed internet access will be provided and paid for by the company. Please do not apply if you are not able to commute to the coworking space that we will provide in Cebu each workday.
- Hours: This is a full-time job at 40 hours per week. We expect the hours to be approximately 10:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday so as to allow some overlap with our US team. No weekends.
- Benefits: 12 paid vacation/sick days, 11 paid holidays (Filipino), no weekend hours, 13th month pay
- Equipment: While we will supply the workplace and internet wi-fi, we do expect you to supply your own computer and basic software (browser, MS Word & Excel). We will provide you with access to any online software tools required to do the various tasks.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send us your resume, application letter and your LinkedIn profile if you have one. Also please answer the following questions and please number your answers to match the questions below:
1. Are you located in Cebu?
2. Are you able to work the hours we mentioned above?
3. What do you think is necessary from each party to make for a good working relationship for a VA position?
4. What was your favorite job you ever had and why?
5. What was your least favorite job you've ever had and why?
6. Tell us about your favorite food or restaurant.
7. Please tell us a bit about yourself, your family, your hobbies, etc.
8. How would your close friends describe you?
9. What are you looking for in a job?
10. What is your skill level and experience (scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being "expert") with:
b) Amazon Seller Central
e) Customer Support
f) Online Research
ABOUT NET FOCUS MEDIA
Our company has a staff of 7 in its headquarters office in the US, as well as one product sourcing employee in China. We are looking to bring on additional support staff to work in a dedicated shared office / co-working space in Cebu. We expect this position to be the first of several new hires in Cebu over the next 6-12 months, so there is potential for growth in the company as we plan to grow our presence in Cebu.
Our focus is e-commerce, both via online marketplaces etc.) and direct-to-consumer websites for each of our brands. Please consult our website for specifics about our product brands, or to learn more about the company.