This is a work-from-home position
We are porting an existing piece of software to more modern technology, starting from scratch.
We are using several in-house libraries which are released under a free/open source software license. You will spend a good portion of your time developing free/open source software and tools.
The working environment is one where you won't be attacked or criticised for mistakes or oversights. Our company is one where every developer learns and grows, and senior developers lead by example. The ultimate goal is to have a good work-life balance and to have fun.
We are after somebody with 2-5 years experience in:
* writing robust, secure, modular, and maintainable code
* coordinating with other team members, including app developers and UX/UI designers.
* Working independently
* Coding and un understanding algorithms
* Use of async/await
* DOM and UI libraries (Polymer, Angular, React, Vue)
* CSS, HTML
* Atom or VSC
* GIT (cloning, branching, merging, rebasing)
* GitHub (Pull requests, etc)
* Basic UI design, element placements, flexibility
* Experience with CRUD web applications
* BIG PLUS: Experience with SPAs (single page applications)
* BIG PLUS: Experience with web sockets
* BIG PLUS: ability to have less ordinary work hours at times (but never before 7:30AM and not after 10:30PM)
* DESIRABLE: Experience with Google's lit-html
* Experience with Node and Express
* Experience with MySql
The first step is a quick phone interview, (maybe) followed by a technical interview with the technical manager.
You are expected to work 6.5 hours a day in a quiet space.
This is a work from home position. After probation, each employee will get an Oculus Quest (stand-alone VR) and will have meetings once or twice a day with the team. Hours are flexible, but working hours will depend on other member's timezones. We will likely organise games (VR quests etc.) and social VR events.