A Christian publishing house in the USA is looking for a skilled editor to edit and proofread manuscripts. As an editorial assistant, you are heavily involved in our day-to-day editorial and manuscript preparation activities - editing, proofreading, formatting, among others, in a timely and efficient manner. Please do not apply if you do not have experience with actual manuscript editing and proofreading. If you want to make a difference while earning a living, this is the opportunity for you.
- Copy edit full lenght manuscripts
- Proofread texts and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics etc.
- Check text for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies.
- Arrange page layouts of manuscripts, photos, articles, and advertisements.
- Rewrite manuscripts to improve clarity and readability
- Assist editors throughout the acquisition process and manuscript preparation phase
- Online research
- Write press releases
1. At least three years experience editing or proofreading manuscripts.
2. A four-year degree (or higher) with a solid academic record in English Language, English Literature, Creative Writing.
3. Personal computer, to work from home.
4. High-speed internet access
5. Excellence in written and spoken English Language
Our office is located in greater Chicago, USA, but you will work remotely. We are in Central time zone )CST).