Are you more productive and focused when not dealing with office distractions?
Are you interested in working for a firm that allows you the freedom and independence to work the way you are most effective?
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate! Our law firm is exclusively dedicated to divorce and family law practice. We are looking for an experienced family law paralegal to join our growing team of professionals. This is a remote position, which means you will enjoy a great deal of freedom and independence but must be highly disciplined and reliable. Prior Virginia family law experience (3 years minimum) is required.
1. Drafting legal documents and correspondence
2. Assembling and filing legal packages by mail
3. Conducting basic legal research
4. Completing court forms and filings
5. Calendaring and keeping track of deadlines
6. Arranging service of process
7. Processing scanned mail
8. Submitting documents via mail, email, fax and courier
9. Some phone duties
10. Timekeeping and entering client expenses
11. Client onboarding, case opening/closing
12. Keeping track of case progress
13. Documenting and updating the firm’s standard operating procedures related to the position
14. Performing additional duties as needed
15. Social media management/website posting/management
Ideal candidate should have these qualities:
- Reliable and highly responsive
- Exceptionally organized
- Problem solver
- Fast learner
- Positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently
- Works well with others
- Exceptional computer skills (more than just computer literate)
Education & Experience
· Virginia Family Law: 3 years (Required)
· Paralegal/Legal Assistant: 3 years (Required)
· High school or equivalent (Required)
· Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
· Proficient with cloud-based applications and VOIP phone systems
· High level of computer literacy
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this position. Selected candidates will be required to provide references. You must also answer the application questions and complete the skill assessment that is sent to you when applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $8.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Are you currently employed? If so, what would you change about your current job?
Describe your current remote-work setup, including your surroundings/work environment, network speed, office equipment, software, etc.
Virginia Family Law: 3 years (Preferred), but family law paralegal experience required.