Good day! I am Leilani S. Lakandili working at Department of Finance-Philippines.
Having more than 7 years of experience within the Philippine government, I have developed strong expertise in research, review, audit and secretariat involving customs and trade. The main achievements I had in my previous positions that are relevant to the work are:
- Secretariat to various government organizations such as Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Philippine Bureau of Customs, USAid, and Philippines Department of Finance
- Identification of tariff codes of assigned TRGAs for the TradeNet Project (2017- present)
- Technical assistance on the E-Certificate of Origin module for the TradeNet Project and customs and trade policy review for other trade government agencies (2018- present)
- Assistance to the drafting of Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of the Customs Modernization and Tariff Act (CMTA) (2016-present)
- Technical Assistance for launching of BOC-Customs Regulated Import List (2014)
I also gained experiences in private firms. I led a team that audited private multinational companies for their customs and trade compliance as well as apply permits needed for exports and import products. I also handled an Export Account for a year in a brokerage firm.
Above experience provided me with solid set of skills to analyze, review, and research technical data and documents. I’ve shown exemplary skills in meeting deadlines, managing various meetings, and prioritizing workload, handling confidential information, maturity and confidence in dealing with officials of government, international, and non-government institutions.
I can apply learned skills above on the position I am applying for.
Thank you for your consideration.